Blush Application for an Oval Face: The perfect shaped face, needs little help from blush. But here’s a few tips: For a natural look, apply blush onto the apples of your cheeks for a flushed, healthy glow.
Blush Application for a Square Face: Soften the angles of your cheeks by applying the brighter color blush on the apples of the cheeks, then sweep the blush towards your temples. This causes the eye to look up, taking away from the sharp angles of a square face shape. You can also contour to round your jawline, by lightly dusting some blush from your chin to just below your ears.
Blush Application for a Round Face: Apply blush to the area above the apples of your cheeks and blend slightly forward to thin the round face. Avoid getting the blush too close to your nose; this highlights the roundness of your cheeks.
Blush Application for a Long Face: To create the illusion of width on a long face, apply blush to the apples of the cheeks and extend the blush outward towards your ears. Next, sweep your blush across the middle of your forehead and along your chin line. This effect will shorten your long face
Blush Tips & Tricks for all face shapes:
- Blush Application for slim face effect, place blush vertically to slim face.
- Blush Application for lifted effect, place blush right on cheekbone at a slant.
- Blush Application for soft blush effect, place blush on apples of cheek.
- Blush Application for more angular effect (round face), place blush on the hollows of cheek bone.
- Blush Application for short face effect, place blush horizontal.
Aug 22, 2010