London Serviced Aparthotel
A hidden jewel of London for solo travelers
Value for money 11/10
Rooms size 8.5/10
Quietness 9/10 (depends on the room)
My room contained:
- a single bed
- a closet
- blow dryer
- free (good) wireless internet connection.
The rooms are on the smaller side but still not to small, at least for me
Every morning my room was cleaned and I got a new set clean towels. As much as I’m informed they do not have ensuite rooms.
The bathrooms were always clean. The aparthotel does not provide you with ensuite as much as I am informed. They are all shared bathrooms. You have 4 rooms on 2 bathrooms per floor.
The bathrooms were perfect size. The sink is a bit to small for my taste and that the size of the bathroom will vary for some.
The common rooms – Kitchen, living room, balcony and laundry room.
The kitchen has the help yourself policy. You are provided with free food and detergent during your stay. Clean after yourself 🙂
Rooms are smoke free, but you can smoke on the balcony. 🙂
A FEW NOTES:
* No elevator available – there are 4 floors – 4 rooms and 2 bathrooms on each floor- common rooms on 4th floor / top floor.
* Staff is present during the morning – but you do have a contact number in case of emergencies.
* Staff is very friendly and will provide you with help if it’s required.
* 5-8 minute walk to oxford circus station
* 1 minute walk to goodge station
* Tesco’s around the corner
* streets fill with many fine restaurants and fast food joints.
* Excellent internet connection
* pick up key at local newsstand but will be escorted with staff to aparthotel which is across the street. ( a 1 second walk)
THINGS SOME MIGHT NOT LIKE
* no elevator
* to get to 1st floor you must go up a flight of stars
* thin walls – you might be able to hear other people talk or even hear their TV.
* No sound proof windows. The noise level depends on which room you sleep in.
* single beds only (as much as I am informed they only have rooms for single beds)
* no reception desk
* pick up keys at a local newsstand office
* more like a house that rents room than a hotel
* entrance in a side street. looks a bit dodgy
WORD OF ADIVCE
* It might help, as it did for me, to note that you are a light sleeper and would prefer a “quieter” room.
I will recommend this place to my friends.
Please do know that this place is not a real hotel it’s more of a house that has many rooms. This place is intended for solo travelers in need of a warm bed at a good price.I think that for the price at which I paid for my room, it was worth the stay and I would stay here again to be fully honest. I felt safe and welcomed. I really felt as if I was at home. 🙂